I have made tiramisu many times but i always use classic tiramisu recipe. I love the flavour of tiramisu & i really want to find best – quickly recipe so i try one from my book, the Easy dessert. It’s really tasty :d.
Recipe adapted from: the Easy Dessert.
16 Italian sponge fingers or 2 round sponge cake (about 200gr)
Coffee soaking syrup:
200ml/7 fl oz strong black coffee (cooled to room temperature)
4 tbsp kahlúa or any liqueur you have
250g/9oz mascarpone cheese
300ml/10 fl oz double cream (lightly whipped)
3 tbsp icing sugar
cocoa powder for garnishing
– Pour the cooled coffee into a bowl and stir in kahlúa/ liqueur.
– Place the mascarpone cheese in a bowl with the cream, icing sugar & mix together well.
– Soak half of the sponge fingers/ sponge cake in the coffee mixture.
– Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the coffee-soaked sponge fingers/ sponge cake.
– Soak the remaining sponge fingers/ sponge cake in the coffee mixture.
– Arrange the remaining coffee-soaked sponge fingers/ sponge cake & then spread over the remaining mascarpone mixture.
– Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
– Sift cocoa powder over the top of the tiramisù.