This is the baked cheesecake recipe i usually use.
The only problem that your cheesecake may have is cracks on the surface. These are some tips to prevent the cheesecake from cracking:
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Beat the ingredients at slow speed and scrap down the bowl side often to remove the amount of air and any lumps.
- Do not over-beating to avoid additional air. If too much air in the batter, the cheesecake will puff up while baking and sink in the center when it has been removed from the oven.
- Do not over-baking. The cheesecake is done when the filling has set but still be wobbly in the center, about 2 inches (5cm).
- After baking, open the oven door a little and leave the cheesecake inside the turned off oven for another hour. Then transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. This step prevents the drastic change in temperature which cause craking.
200g oreo cookies (cream filling removed)
70g melted butter
750g creamcheese (softened at room temperature)
120g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
200g whipping cream
Fresh fruits, fruit compote, chocolate (chopped/ syrup/ sauce), fruit sauce, whipped cream, nuts,…
Preheat the oven to 1800C.
Line the base of 23cm springform pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake after it is done.
Crush the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs. Or place the oreos into a Ziploc bag, press to force the air out of the bag and seal the bag tightly; use a rolling pin to bash the cookies into fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix until moistened. Press the misture into the bottom of the pan to get an even layer. Bake 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat creamcheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Usually scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl to avoid curdling. Beat in whipping cream, vanilla until well combined. Pour the filling into prepared crust.
Bake in preheated oven at 1600C for 45 minutes or until firm. After baking, turn off the oven, open the door a little and let the cheesecake cool inside for about 1 hour, this prevents cracking. Then transfer the pan to a wire rack, cool for another 2 hours. Chill in the fridge overnight.
Before serving, remove the sides of springform pan. Serve with fruits, compote or any sauce you like.